The Volkreonic Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Volkreonic Wars

Easiest way to read and critic my story.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January, 11, 2030

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1January, 11, 2030 Empty January, 11, 2030 Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:30 am

Admin

Admin

January, 11, 2030 Avon, Ohio
:Objective: Reinforce checkpoint Foxtrot.

Lt. Alexander Price, looked from the building he and his squad was in out to the road 10 meters from it. A Ranger APC (Armored Personel Carrier), drove smoothly down the road coming towards them. He breathed out and watched his breath freeze in the cold Ohio weather.

"Let's move boys I want to be waiting for them." He said into the mic next to his mouth. His squad responded with, a burst of static. Then, made their way down the stairs and out into the front yard. They hit the road 2 minutes before the APC showed up and the back hatch droped to let them in. Once inside Pvt. Earnest Conway shut the hatch. Cpl. John Keller, was the squads heavy gunner carrying his, HAR (Heavy Auto-Rifle). The weapon firing heavy steel rounds. Pvt. Garret Shaw was the squad sniper. In this case only carring a scoped, SSHR (Single Shot Heavy-Rifle). Lt. Price and Pvt. Conway both carrrying BPHR (Bull-Pip Heavy-Rifle). The Heavy-Rifle series became know after 2015, when the human's discovered that the heavier round could at least stun the Volkreon, when shot at their light weight super heavy armor.

The, APC drove by check point Gamma and, Alpha before reaching Foxtrot. Which was under heavy siege from, Volkreon forces. The back hatch dropped and they piled out into the carnage.

"Get moving!" He barked into his com. He dove into cover and looked up. A salvo of spikes pelted the sandbags he was behind and him squad slid next to him. He stood up and leveled his rifle pulling the trigger as his weapon pointed at a Volkreon drone. The heavy round knocked the drone off it's feet sending him down to another round into it's lower jaw. Pvt. Shaw scoped in on a Volkreon drone and fired. It's chest was blown in two from the round. Spikes flew through the air.

Beta squad and Fire-Team omega were pinned very close to the Volkreon frontline. They had wounded and needed a quick evac.

"Keller I want your HAR on the Volkreon coverin our ass's!" He said and pointed forward. His squad moved into position and went out. They kept low to the ground. A drone launched a grenade at them and the impact blew them to the ground. They got up being over whelmed by a huge burst of fire over top of them. Conway still held his rate of fire. He paused to reload. Then the fire was back and just enough for them to slid next to Beta. Lt. Price, looked up weapon in one hand and fired short bursts. A few bursts hit a drone peaking up from cover.

"Conway, focus on enemies that are popping out of cover. You need to conserve ammo." The one thing a Heavy Gunner would like to hear. He he waited then a burst of static signified his yes. He began to aim and shoot. Omega was held up in a building, and Fire-Team Dog was en route to get them out. Lt. Price came back with Beta.

"Lt. Price Fire-Team's Zulu and Gamma are inbound by a helio so hold your position." Command said.

"Alright, boys check ammo we hold until Fire-Teams Zulu and Gamma arrive." He reloaded. The Volkreon were moving in fast now with no real rate of fire on them. Another grenade was launched and they all ducked into cover. Sgt. Johnson was Beta's leader and his men were a recon squad, meaning they had RH-SMGs (Recon Heavy-Submachine Guns). Their rounds were Steel-Tiped and pact a punch at close range doing almost nothing at long range.

"Lt. Price our rounds will only piss the Volkreon off at this range we need to move up or wait for them to get closer." Sgt. Johnson said. Lt. Price looked over the battlefield. They were in between two buildings. Six men total they would need all the fire power they needed with put losing ground.

"Alright, move up. I want them covered well. Shaw, move into one of these buildings, I want you on a second story window. Keller set up shop, I want a steady rate of fire, and remember conserve ammo. Beta and Conway your with me. Move!" He said. The men moved while under fire still. Lt. Price picked his location, two cars were wielded together. They took cover and being in range Beta opened up. Lt. Price's rifle drilled a drone's arm and he grabbed it in pain, but another one followed hit his stomach. Beta worked as a team always picking the same target and sprayed it with rounds. A crack broke the heavy gunfire. Before anything happened a drone was crushed by the force of the .50 cal round.

Another crack split the gunfire and another drone went down. Lt. Price smirked, and went back to firing. Beta squad reloaded in one swift motion. His last round went out and his clip went dry. He ducked down, and saw a spike go into one of the soldiers next to him. The man was knocked off his feet and into the open. Lt. Price grabbed him and drug him back into cover and carefully removed the spike as he took the pain without screaming. The spike was removed and he got back up. The armor he was wearing took most of the blow away from it and it only went in 2 inches. The sniper fire continued Shaw's accuracy was near perfect and every round was a kill.

"Lt. Price, Gamma and Zulu are 2 minutes out and battle ready. When they land Beta squad and yours are to get into the helio for evac." Command said.

"Evac, but my squad is fine?" He asked.

"Your being re-assigned to Australia." The thought of being out of the cold weather of Ohio, warmed him. He reloaded and went back to the battle.

"Grenade!" Conway barked as it flew from the launcher and they wall ducked. Shrapnel, Ice, and snow rained on them. It clinked on their helmets and armor. He was the first to recover, but as he got up a spike, drove into his shoulder.

"Shit! Alex pull this out of me!" He said and went back into cover putting his back against the car. His breathing filled the squad's com-channel and he moaned in pain. His armor was cold and the spike broke through it and going slightly into his bone. Lt. Price turned and crouched down to help his squad mate out. He pulled the spike out and he cried in pain. The icy air quickly froze the blood oozing from the wound. He turned his shoulder ignoring the sharp pain. He decided he was still good for battle and grabed his weapon. He got up and Keller's fire stopped.

"Alex, my weapons jammed." He said. Lt. Price looked up to see the Volkreon making a quick advance even with Beta's fire.

"Fall back to Keller we can't hold here!" He barked as he was getting up to run. As he did a salvo of spikes hit one of Beta's men in the back and he went down. Sgt. Johnson spun around to go get him when I grenade went off in front of him. His armor took the impact of shrapnel, but a few pieces hit his neck and his hand went to the wound. The white smoke cleared and a spike hit his stomach. He slowly fell down to the ground dead. The rest of Beta kept moving. Cpl. Wahl was now in command. They all dove over the sandbags Keller was behind.

Conway didn't make it though, as he was running a spike went through his left calf and he went down. Keller screamed as he watched his squad-mate get a second spike to his back. Conway, fell into a pool of his own blood. Lt. Price, watched as Keller was nailed by a spike to his head. His helmet did nothing to protect him. He heard Shaw crying, through the coms.

"Alex, I'm coming down I see the helio." Shaw said. Just before he opened the door to come down, a grenade flew into the room and blew up. Lt. Price saw his squad mates body fly from the room as the explosion blew out the wall. In angry he picked up Keller's HAR and opened up on five drones moving towards him. The rounds riped through them. His eyes red with anger. He felt a tear run down his face. He noticed a drone running towards him and he pulled out his combat knife waiting to kill it.

As the drone came closer it dove at him. He still firing the weapon within one motion, brought the knife up and into the drone's throat from underneath it. The drone fell dead. He aimed on more drone's moving his way and fired. The weapon clicked empty and picked his BPHR back up and fired. Then as the weapon clicked he knew he was dead, but the helio arrived and it's SHGG (Super Heavy Gatling Gun) plowed through the Volkreon ranks which were already thin. Were devastated. The few that were left began to retreat. Zulu and Gamma secured the area and the rest of Beta and Lt. Price got on board. As the helio rose he felt tears roll down his face and he took his helmet off and threw it onto the streets his men had just died on. His eyes burned red in hate for this alien race.

https://thevolkreonicwars.board-directory.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum