The Volkreonic Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Volkreonic Wars

Easiest way to read and critic my story.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January, 13, 2030

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1January, 13, 2030 Empty January, 13, 2030 Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:33 am

Admin

Admin

January, 13, 2030 A-Class Drop ship, Earth's Orbit
:Objective: None

Lt. Price woke up in his bunk. A message waiting for him on his Data-Pad. He rubbed his eyes and sat up touching the message sign. It opened up and he read it.

//:File Start://

For Lt. Alexander Price

Colonel Winslow, General Walker and I need you down in the weapons deck as soon as possible. Bring your old equipment.

//:File End://

He sighed and got up. Being fully dressed in the normal jumpsuit he got up and went to his door. He pressed the button and the door slid open to reveal a corridor. A few minutes later he reached the lift and walked in. Typed in weapons on the data-pad linked into the lift and down it went. The drop ship was a huge vessel that was built for with standing heavy attacks and drop soldiers, tanks, APCs, and weapons. It had, heavy laser cannons that could blow through most armor. It could got through heavy combat and come out in one piece from any weapons even the Volkreon spikes. Which can tear through most, B-Class and down armor.

The lift stopped and he walked out onto the weapons deck. A Sgt. was waiting for him and he saluted quickly. Lt. Price returned it. The Sgt. turned and continued down the corridor. He stopped at a door and pressed the button. The door slid open and the Sgt. stepped to the side allowing him into the room. He steped in and the door slid shut. He walked toward the two men standing in the room and saluted them. The man in his 40's was General Walker and the man next to him looked to be about 36 must have been Colonel Winslow. They both stood looking at Lt. Price who was 25 years of age.

"Lt. Price take a seat." General Walker said his voice firm and clear.

"Yes, sir." He said siting back into a seat with Walker and Winslow.

"Don't call me sir, my names Randy." He said holding out a hand. Lt. Price took it nervously.

"This is Kevin, he will be your new informant. Command is no longer in control of you as you are not a marine anymore." Lt. Price looked at Randy in disbelief.

"I don't understand am I not in the military anymore?" Alex asked.

"Oh, yes you very well are, but now your in our new program. You will be our first soldier in it." Lt. Price racked his brain for hearing any thing about a new military program.

"Never heard of the program?"

"Yes, we know, very few have it's classified." Kevin said. Alex dropped his pack that he had been carrying. It had all his armor in it. Randy picked it up and went through it's contents.

"Very good every things in it." Randy said throwing the pack to the side. He walked to a table with newer armor on it. Alex walked over and picked up the helmet. It had a full visor and air tight seals for breathable environments. The torso armor was very light.

"This is the Guardian Recon suit. It's light weight armor is perfect for moving quickly, yet is very hard. Spikes won't even phase this armor unless very close. Another feature is shielding. It forms to you body and reflects spikes not even letting touch your armor. Now, the shields are very weak and won't hold up under heavy fire fights. So make sure to use cover when in battles. As we upgrade suits better shielding units will be installed. Another thing is your HUD (Heads-Up-Display) it shows your vitals and shield power. The shields will reform after being out of combat." Kevin said.

"So, I'm pretty much a super soldier?" Alex asked.

"Not, even close. We still have many tests under going now for a better more stable suit. You are more powerful then any marine. We have weapons being developed for the program, but for now you stick to basic marine weapons." Randy said. Alex slid the helmet over his head and looked around. The visor being black dimmed the lights.

"Can, I make this clear?" He asked. Kevin nodded and pressed a button and the visor untinted. Alex press the button again and the tint came back. He removed the helmet and put on one of the gloves. The upper palm of it had a plate on it.

"Now, you do have a knew combat knife." Kevin pulled a 9 inch long blade from it's sheath and handed it to him. The blade was lighter, but he knew it was more durable and stronger from the look of it. He slashed it around in the air and re sheathed it.

"Get ready and get some sleep tomorrow you are going to be dropped in Sydney" Randy said walking away. Alex was left by himself and looked over the armor.

"Time to get revenge." He said.

https://thevolkreonicwars.board-directory.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum