The Volkreonic Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Volkreonic Wars

Easiest way to read and critic my story.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January, 14, 2030

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1January, 14, 2030 Empty January, 14, 2030 Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:31 pm

Admin

Admin

January, 14, 2030 Helio En-Route for Sydney
:Objective: Get to the research center

Lt. Price slid a clip into his BPHR and pulled the bolt back. He kept his visor tinted so the marines in the helio with him couldn't see his face. Every time he moved their faces shot back to him. He knew they felt uneasy about being with him.

"Thirty seconds till landing LZ is gonna be hot!" The pilot said over the helios com. Lt. Price looked over his gear. He had grenades and ammo, but almost forogot to activate his shields. He pressed a button on his forearm and a blueish hazy came over him. The marines around him looked stuned. Then the hazy faded away. They heard an explosion and knew they were about to land. Lt. Price being the first to stand. The back hatch droped slowly and the hot Australian weather came in. He sprinted out and dove behind sand bags. The marines followed him. He stood up and fired. Sending three drones down. The fire fight continued for a few more minutes and the area was clear. More squads of marines were landing now and they all awaited orders from Lt. Price.

More squads were landing and he knew that soon he would have a large regiment of marines. Which he was right. Within a few minutes a task force of marines was ready for him.

"Squads Alpha through Foxtrot I want you to move to city hall and secure it untill farther orders from command. Gamma through Zulu I want you to set up scouting parties." Lt. Price commanded.

"You shall move towards the research center." Alex.

"Yes, s...Kevin." He said turning away from the marines. He continued for awhile.

"Alex! UAV's picking up Volkreon about 1/4 mile down the street. I advise you take up a defensive position and take them out one by one." Winslow said. Alex took cover in a blown out house. He pulled a scope from his pack and linked it to his rifle. It auto aimed it for the perfect distance. He wasn't the best sniper but his distance and bullet drop markers told him when and where to fire. All he had to do was wait until a drone stopped for a second. Which one did and bang. The round entered its body and ripped clear through it. While the others tried to save him he let off a 5 round burst spraying the drones and wounding two more. He sent another burst and was rewarded with two dead drones.

The last one looked at him and fired. The spikes hitting the concret slabs guarding him. He felt a few spikes hit his shields. He heard the cracking blast of a shotgun. He looked down at the drone and found a woman standing over it's body with a shotgun in her hands. He jumped down from the building and went over to her. She looked to be about 25 the same age as he was.

"Names Jayde," She said with her hand out.

"Alex," He said shaking it.

"More drones are nearby." She said walking towards where the drones had come from. He followed, untill he heard the bark of one and saw she was in the open. He dove in front of her and his shields took the blow. The shield meter depleated and he grabed her and dove into a crater. He looked up and a spike pinged off his armor. He felt the heavy blow of it and reeled back. Then a salvo of spikes pelted the ground above them and after the fire stoped he blanked a few rounds and rolled out into the open weapon leveled.

The first burst of rounds he fired hit a drone and killed him. The next knocked a drone off his feet, but was killed by another shotgun blast. He looked around and sure enough Jayde's barrel was aimed at yet another drone. This time the blast blew one of it's arms off. The last two drones began to retreat, but were rewarded with a round to the head.

"Alex the research center is a short distance from your location. When you get their, it might be under heavy siege from the Volkreon, we have recieved small reports." Kevin said. They continued until they reached the research center. Which like Kevin said was under heavy siege. Alex pulled the pin of a frag and threw it at a squad of drones in cover and it blew up killing them all. Jayde was flanking right and put a few shells into a drone. The others turned and were sprayed by Alex's rounds. She looked back and smiled. The marines in the research center were happy to see back up had arrived.

Alex pulled out his Desert Eagle and fired at a drone whowas caught off guard and fell forward into one of Jayde's blasts.

"Cover me I gotta reload!" She said and crouched near Alex. He fired at any drone thinking of looking their way. He heard a pump and knew she was ready again. He reloaded himself and felt spikes hit his shields before the meter went red and he dove into sand bags. A grenade went off in front of him and the sand bags fell on him. He groaned and got up. The Volkreon forces were slowly being crushed. Jayde was next to him firing at drones that were tring to kill them. Alex got up and shook himself.

His shields came back, and soon Jayde and him were inside the research center. Wounded marines lined the hallways. Alex stepped over them and continued down the hallway with a Sargeant. He turned saluted and walked away. Alex opened the door next to him and went in. He found a Colonel and a Scientist together.

"Ah, good good." The scientist said putting out his hand.

"I am John and this is Colonel Glover." He said shaking his hand. Then snapping a salute to Glover.

"Now please remove your suit." John said. Alex did and popped off his helmet. Then the rest. He was standing in only his underwear.

"Now we have a new suit for you the Recon V3, better by far. Shields are stronger and armor is lighter stronger and more flexible. You also have your combat blade in to wrist of your right forearm. This makes it easier to use. You also have a knew weapon. Say hello to the Pulse Rifle. The weapon shoots out focus enery bolts that can go clean through a tank. We also have the energy bow, it an energy arrow pulled from this quiver. It will be very useful in silent missions. The last weapon is the Energy Rifle. The energy rifle is like your BPHR's but no reload and a 5 second cool down to recharge. It fires bullet like energy rounds able to go through any Volkreon armor. Now remember all of these weapons have a magnetic wave in them so they stick to your back no matter what. Now we just need to hold this facility until more marines arrive." John said.

"Can Jayde have my old suit?"

"Jayde who's Jayde?"

"A girl I picked up on my way here, she's very good with a shotgun."

"Well if you say she's good maybe she can be the second member to the program. We do need more soldiers. Yes, have her come up we will fit the suit for her." Alex nodded and left to go get her. He swore under his breath to not let anything happen to her.

https://thevolkreonicwars.board-directory.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum